Thursday, February 23, 2017

// // Leave a Comment

Owl Activities for a Owl Preschool Theme

Owls are one of our favorite animals, so sometimes we like to break out owl activities even when we're not doing an owl theme. BUT, if you are planning a preschool owl theme, this collection is for you!


Owl Fun Fact: Did you know that a Great Horned Owl can be as tall as some preschoolers (25 inches) and weigh less than four pounds?!

Owls are fascinating! They're huge birds, incredible hunters, and so stinkin' cute! They fly practically silently, have super-hearing, swallow their food whole, and regurgitate the indigestible parts. I'm not sure what makes them so appealing to kids (and me, I'll admit)...I imagine their super-cuteness, stealth skills, and collection of skills that humans don't have (like the ability to fly, see in the dark, turn the head 270 degrees, and hear tiny sounds, to start with...) might play a part.

Regardless of what it is, my kids learn better when they are having fun, so we learn about owls frequently. We've done many more "owl activities" than I've actually written about, so I need to get working on that! But, in the meantime, I've gathered up all the owl themed projects and activities that I have written about and collected some of my other favorites from around the internet to create this preschool owl theme resource for you! I think you'll love it!!

I've grouped the activities into the following categories:

Owl Math Activities
Owl Science Activities
Owl Literacy/Language Activities
Owl Craft Ideas
Owl Themed Snacks

Feel free to scroll down to whatever section you are most interested in!

Owl Math Activities








Owl Science Activities




Owl Literacy/Language Activities





Owl Craft Ideas










Owl Themed Snacks




Owl Rice Cakes


Do you have an owl preschool theme every year? Or a favorite owl activity? I'd love to hear what you do!! Feel free to send me an email, leave a comment, or drop by my Preschool Powol Packets Facebook page!

Happy Educating,
Carla






Have you seen HEEP? It is a preschool homeschool curriculum! Learn more here!


I may share at any of these parties!




Never miss another post again!  Sign up for our weekly updates newsletter and get links to all our posts once a week in your inbox!  Sign up here!!




0 comments: